On: Stubborn Attachment.
Date: December 2019
- Liberal democratic capitalism is ill equipped to handle major complex challenges.
- Ecology (climate change), immigration, digital control (mass surveillance, etc.)
- Unlikely things will be fixed through marginal improvements of current systems.
- “Something” will have to happen, something more radical is needed.
- Unclear what that is (return to zero and try again?)
- Communism helps to name the problem, but doesn’t provide solutions.
- Similarly, the Left can only name problems, but doesn’t a have general vision for the future.
- Society held together by unwritten rules, customs.
- Humanity is based on empty manners.
- Political correctness tries to legalize these customs (rather than address underlying issues).
- A broad ranging, at times farcical and scatter-shot discussion.
- Mostly interesting to an in-crowd that can fill in the blanks of the numerous “and so on, and so on.”