On: Part I of V: An introduction to lipidology.
Date: October 2018
- Mostly personal introduction to Tom Dayspring.
- Discussion on benefits of fasting:
- Most powerful way to deplete glycogen and insulin.
- Turn nutrient sensing organelles and molecules off.
- Don’t want those things off indefinitely, but evolutionarily unnatural for them to always be on.
- Every cell in the body can make cholesterol.
- The purpose of lipoproteins is not to deliver cholesterol to the cells – cells already have it.
- Purpose is to deliver energy to cells that need it in the form of triglycerides and phospholipids.
- Presence of cholesterol inside lipoprotein likely to provide structure to the molecule.