On: Its Effects on Cancer, Mortality, Aging, Brain and Behavior, Heart Disease
Date: December 2016
- See Sulforaphane write-up
- Potential benefits of sulforaphane, as found in certain leafy vegetables, especially broccoli.
- Tricky to capture benefits:
- Eating raw broccoli has drawbacks.
- Eating cooked broccoli has drawbacks.
- There is variability in bio-uptake by humans.
- There is variability in amount (broccoli vs broccoli sprouts vs broccoli seeds).
- Supplements vary highly in quality.
- Eat more broccoli: consider sprouting (labor intensive and … smelly!) and supplements.
May somewhat over-sell benefits and underestimate difficulty of practical use.