On: The common link in high blood pressure, insulin resistance, T2D, & obesity
Date: January 2020
- Ancient mutation helped us to turn fructose into fat.
- Allowed us to survive long periods without food.
- Now, food is abundant, less need for it.
- Stuck with many adverse effects of fructose (see “Fructose and Glucose” write-up).
- Reduce sugar consumption.
- Concentration and speed of fructose intake matter.
- Drinking sugar is worse than eating it (higher speed and concentration).
- Avoid sodas, sports drinks, etc..
- Fruits generally okay in moderation.
- Some fruits (grapes) contain more fructose than others (berries).
- Reduce high glycemic carbs.
- For some, turn glucose into fructose.
- Bread, potatoes, chips.
- Reduce high salt.
- Similarly, stimulates fructose creation inside the body.
- Concentration of salt matters: drink water.