On: Time-Restricted Feeding and Its Effects on Obesity, Muscle Mass & Heart Health
Date: July 2016
- See Fasting write-up.
- Brain and peripheral circadian regulators influenced by light and food intake.
- Circadian clocks play a role in expression of 15-20% of gene pool.
- Time restricted eating:
- Better coordination between metabolism and circadian rhythms.
- Eating within a window of 12 hours (or shorter).
- No dietary restrictions, so it is easier to maintain.
- Less undesired by-products; less stress on cells.
- Likely to promote healthier eating habits (less late night snacks or alcohol).
- Many and varied benefits (in animal studies; sleep, gut health, digestion, etc.).
- Consider adjusting fasting schedule: late breakfast, normal lunch, early dinner.
- Get adjustable blue light bulbs: Philips Hue — https://www2.meethue.com/en-us